General Goals 1) to be debt free in 3.5 years 2) save lots of money

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekly Money Check-Up


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on bank fees... wow that's depressing
2. Today I feel on edge towards money  I am hoping that this month's budget can be salvaged in the end. 
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was I spent the weekend with my BF.
4. I will consider this week a success if I am able to balance the budget, snowflake some money and book an appointment with the accountant. 
5. My guilty pleasure TV show is till debt do us part... but I don't get to watch it often.

4 comments:

  1. I,ve finally managed to catch up. I think you are doing a great job with your budget and yet you want to throw it out and start again, why ?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen I didn't budget for my company stock and it was more then I expected and so I am having to make adjustments. Before March I rewrote the budget a bunch of times and I thought I had sorted every out. Now I discover that I haven't its really frustrating. On Thur I will post what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the bank fees, are you able to switch to a fee-less account? They are only just being offered in NZ, also called electronic accounts because you aren't charged any fees providing you do all your banking electronically and avoid going into the bank to make manual withdrawals etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had thought about it but I like the service of walking into a bank and I have unlimited transactions. Plus I get scene points every time I use my debt. I also have a bank the rest system which rounds up any amounts I spend to the next dollar the difference is automatically dumped in to my retirement fund. So for now I am happy with paying the money.

    ReplyDelete