General Goals 1) to be debt free in 3.5 years 2) save lots of money

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letting Things Fall in to Place

For the last little while I have been musing over what to do with my GST cheque. Should I put it into my Christmas fund to get it finished off or into my visa account or into my LoC. I have decided to put it into my drum roll…. My Christmas fund. Little Lamb has consistently told me that I should focus on one thing at a time, instead of splitting my money a little bit at a time over lots of little things. And I think she is right. Also I called TD to see how I was coming with my Loc this month and I was pleasantly surprised. Last my over time will be on this week’s pay, so I have decided to take the over time minus the rest I need to finish my Christmas fund and put that into my visa card. It should bring it down at least by $150.00. I hate that I have to use my over time money for consumer debt but you do what you must. The next thing is that starting next month I have to decide if I will focus on my vet bills fund or my car fund. But that’s a discussion for another day.

On a side not as of today I have been working for the Bank exactly 1 year. Gosh how time flies.

3 comments:

  1. You're going to take my advice?! You're crazy! hehe J/K. I think it will make you feel better to get one thing knocked off and then work on the next. What are your $ goals for car fund and vet bills. I think you should work on which ever one is smaller but I think you should just get that visa paid off in full before you do anything else.

    Congrats on the great job with your LoC and congrats on your one year anniversary with the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I prefer to work on things one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has given you good advice and you won't regret following it.

    Congrats on the first full year. I got mine in June so I know what you mean by time flies. Don't forget that and continue on a path that makes you happy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete